Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Free Summer Reads Anyone?

If you are like me, you cannot wait to have the time to dive into some good books this summer. I have book lists that I create throughout the school year so I can read the books throughout the summer. I actually have one already checked off my list! This is because I got it for free! I have noticed that each time I purchase a book on my Kindle, Amazon advertises Kindle Unlimited. I decided to take the time to check it out today and this is what I have found.


  • You have the opportunity to have a 30 day free subscription.
  • You can use your Kindle or the Kindle app on your computer, phone, or iPad.
  • You can review many of the books you would like to read before purchasing them.
  • You do not have to spend a trillion dollars on books you will never read again.
  • Free books...hello! I would love to save my money for other things!

Once you register for your free 30 days Amazon will give you a date of when a monthly automatic payment of $9.99 will be taken out. I made sure to write in my calendar to cancel my membership the day before AND SET AN ALARM!!! However, I may decide I like Kindle Unlimited and keep it. After this I began downloading books I wanted to read or looked like I might be interested in reading. Not every book is available for Kindle Unlimited. I also found that only 10 books at a time can be borrowed. Once you read a book (or decide you do not want it), you return the book and can get another. You might make sure that you do not sign up until you are ready to begin reading. However, you can make your book list now. Here is a list of 10 great books to get you started!

1.) Ditch That Textbook: Free You Teaching and Revolutionize Your Classroom by: Matt Miiler
2.) The Flipped Classroom: The Full Picture by: Jackie Gerstein
3.) The First 10 Minutes: A Classroom Morning Routine That Reaches and Teaches the Whole Child by: Steve Reifman
4.) Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids (and the rest of your class,too!) by: Chris Biffle
5.) Learn Like a PIRATE: Empower Your Students to Collaborate, Lead, and Succeed by: Paul Solarz
6.) Teach Like a PIRATE: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator by: Dave Burgess
7.) Teacher Interviews: How to Get Them and How to Get Hired by: Robert Pollock
8.) How Children Succeed: Grit, Curiosity, and the Hidden Power of Character by: Paul Tough
9.) Teaching: Ultimate Teaching Techniques! - Teach Like A Champion, Grab Your Students' Attention And Engagement, Supercharge Their Learning, and Transform ... Creativity, Productivity, Self Confidence) by: James Harper
10.) 50 Things You Can Do With Google Classroom by: Alice Keeler and Libbi Miller 

HAPPY READING! 

Find my on TPT at: 

Find me on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment